Sunday, August 14, 2011

1:1 Fallschirmjägergewehr FG42 type 1
A brief story, Air soft became popular in Indonesia around 2004's and I was select the TM AK47 assault rifle as weapon in the woodland battle. During combat I thought the need for a rifle that is suitable for ducking with minimal silhouettes. Magazine be a nuisance and I thought why not use the side magazine. I started looking for guns that use side magazines but still has a beautiful shape. My choice fell on Schmeisser 18 and I started designing and making the mechabox that suitable for MP18.

The result as shown in the attached picture, but unfortunately the homemade mechabox was not function properly. Energy is up and I left the project in 2008





Premises in relation to my research about the casting resin, occurred to make another model that can accommodate some method of casting resin. Again, my choice fell on WW2 German armament. Finally I select the FG42 as research subjects. FG42 shape and design is challenging and more advance as told by historian. See more about FG42 at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FG_42

I began searching my old data and open my 3D model that I've created in 2008. I found some useful drawings from Russian-language sites and start collecting pictures as a reference. Unfortunately I never get the actual dimension because I never saw the real steel. I do not find it in museums in Indonesia despite a row of German products are found. Interestingly our fighter was using German products such as the P08 Luger, Mauser Broom handle, Kar98, MP 18, MP40 even some MG34 and MG42.



I decided and started planning to create a pure dummy FG42 with minimal moveable part. All of consideration for my personal safety. Our country is in serious condition, especially against terrorism and corruption. It don't want to deal with the national security because of this hobby. Although FG42 is my dream, I would think twice to make these types of air soft. Well...the research must go on, I'll take the minimum risk.

From now I will post how the manufacturing process has been going though a few weeks. I will try to update the progress but there is no guarantee that new articles will be published regularly. I realize this project will take a long while I have to keep working in order not to get fired. Hopefully this information useful and I would also need help from everyone know more about this rifle.

5 august 2011, This is the idea, the design of dummy. At least we can count the number of parts and molds to be made. The main strength of the dummy are two pipes as the main structure for the other parts.